Why use a Menstrual Cup?
- A menstrual cup can be used up to ten years without losing its shape or function.
- There is no waste by using a menstrual cup on regular basis as no pads or tampons get flushed down in bathroom or tossed in the garbage.
- The cup can be cleaned with regular soap and water and rinsed with clean water and sterilized by boiling between periods.
- A cup user save a lot of money compared to using tampons or pads.
- The investment of a cup is normally between S$30 - 60 and if you use your cup its maximal lifespan you can save S$ 1275 or more if you are using pads or S$ 2295 or more if you are using tampons given that you use 1½ package per period occurring every third week during ten years.
- The amount saved increase dramatically if you are a lady with a very heavy flow that need more than the average frequency of change of sanitary protection during her periods.
- A normal to firm cup model is excellent for sports activities as there is no increased risk of leakage or any feeling of limited movement.
- A cup doesn't absorb fluids and can be used in water activities like swimming in pools or ocean and showering amongst other women in the gym without traces of blood in the water stream.
- The cup make a vacuum seal against the walls of the vagina and no blood can escape out or any contaminated water flow close to the uterus.
Increase your security
- No risk of TSS, Toxic Shock Syndrome, as with tampons.
- Your vagina doesn't dry out from frequent use as it can with tampons and uneven flow, but keep the balance of moist natural.
- Your skin doesn't get irritated, rashes or warm as it may do with pads as the cup is kept within the vagina.
- The cups are made of 100% medical grade silicone or TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) and does not release any substances, residues or toxins to the human body.
Boost your personal experience
- Can be emptied less often than a pad or tampon need be changed. Some with light and regular flow can have it up to 12 hours without emptying. Most women can sleep the full night without waking up to empty the cup.
- Many women say they get less cramps during their periods while they use a cup.
- No leakage = No bulky underwear, or special period panties. With a menstrual cup you can wear sexy lingerie, bright clothing and tight garments with no stains.
- You can have intimate cuddling and be at ease with your partner. With a cup no part is visible or can be felt outside your body.
- As the cup make a vacuum seal against the walls of the vagina blood doesn't come into contact with air and the odor with a slight metallic base some women can note on themselves during periods is minimized.
- Don't need to hide pads or tampons walking to the bathroom, or any waste left behind in the garbage that might feel embarrassing.
- Boosting confidence and body awareness as many women using the cup doesn't feel like their periods limit them like before during their periods and get better relationship to their own genitals and menstruation.